Welcome to Ndakinna!
The Ndakinna Education Center is an affiliate of the Greenfield Review Literary Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and charitable organization located in Greenfield Center, New York. Ndakinna is a place to learn…
- Wilderness & Survival Skills: fire making, shelter building, animal tracking, snowshoeing, awareness
- Adirondack & Native American Culture: storytelling, dance, crafts, games, traditions, exhibit spaces
- Ecology & Nature Studies: plant & bird identification, healing, sustainability, nature trail walks on our 80-acre preserve
- Fitness & Martial Arts: Kyokushin Karate, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Kickboxing, Mixed Martial Arts, kids classes
- Personal & Team Development: low ropes challenge course, conflict resolution, team building, leadership training, corporate retreats
Our many programs emphasize observation skills, regional cultural awareness, outdoor learning, critical thinking, team building, and character development with a special focus on the Arts of Life. These arts integrate traditional skills such as tracking, survival, dance, storytelling, the martial arts, and conflict resolution.